Help on Hubbys Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Hubbys Tablet

Well he went and bought one for himself, and of course is asking me to set it up, he does not even know how to turn my PC on ? so we had a few words already he isn't the most patient man.
    I got as far as turning the WIFI on but its not picking up the wireless signal from my Router HELP

Is it a Samsung by any chance? These are well known for this problem - your home network is right beside the tablet and broadcasting yet the tablet can't "see" it. Don't know if other makes have this problem as well but here's a solution that worked for us and two other Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 owners.
    You don't actually need to open your network. Simply go into the internet connection menu on the tablet and pick the option to add a connection manually. Enter in the name of your home network and the network password. If you also get an option after than to connect automatically from now on or words to that effect, tick the box. You might not get asked that so don't worry about it.
    Hey presto you shoukd now be connected via your own network and as long as you don't tell the tablet to "forget" that connection, then you will be connected every time you turn the tablet on.
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 12-11-14, 13:57.

Comment

thanks Galloway its not a Samsung but will try that, when you say your home network name and password what exactly does that mean? is that the router ? thanks

Comment

Yes that's ones.

Comment

think we cracked it thanks

Comment

Working...
          X