No announcement yet.

Microsoft Office Word 2003 - agreement message comes every time access word doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Office Word 2003 - agreement message comes every time access word doc

Since uploaded my old Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 onto my pc after installing Windows 7, every time I open a new or existing word doc, I get two messages up:

1. The command cannot be performed because a dialogue box is open. Click OK and then close open dialogue boxes to continue.

This comes over the top of another larger message box:

2. Microsoft End User Licence Agreement which have to click to accept.

This never happened on XP.

Can anyone advise how I can get rid of these?

Many thanks.
    Liz

Have you accepted the Microsoft End User Licence Agreement and are still getting a request to accept it?

David

Comment

Hi David

Yes each time the message comes up, I click accept. Then it just comes up again each time I open a word doc along with the second message superimposed over it.
      Liz

Comment

David - I have just gone into START-Programmes and brought up Microsoft Office Word. Then clicked on message accepting Licence Agreement. Then brought up an existing word doc and the 2 messages are still coming up.

Grrr...
        Liz

Comment

Liz

You are not alone. The following link from Microsoft support contains a possible solution and a workaround:

There is also a similar solution here

If you are using Microsoft Office 2003 and Windows Vista, you might run into a situation where the End User License Agreement pops up every time you start Outlook, Word, Excel or other Office progr…

but with a different collection of steps. Ignore tha fact that this refers to Vista it will almost certainly work just as well in Windows 7.

David

Comment

Thank you so much for researching that for me, David.

Will have a go...
            Liz

Comment

I found the second link easier to follow and...it has worked!

I am so grateful, David. Many thanks again.
              Liz

Comment

Working...
              X