Attempting to backup my family trees to an ext. HD without success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempting to backup my family trees to an ext. HD without success

I have a new ext. HD that I wish to use for backing up my genealogy files, and other stuff. The drive is working properly. I go to "file" "backup" and the window opens with the x family file name. The backup location however only gives me the option of D:/ drive no matter what I click on, removable media/ working directory or custom directory.

How do I get the backup path changed over to my E: drive where the ext. HD is?

Can I backup all 4 families at once or do they have to be done one at a time?

thanks

brian

I am guessing that you are using Family Tree Maker. I have FTM2014 and when you select Backup from the File menu there is a button labelled Change underneath the final Radio button Custom Directory. If you click that then you should get a file tree and t is then a matter of scrolling down it until you find your external drive and select it. This should then become your backup directory.

As far as I know you can only backup one file at a time (namely the Current tree)

David

Comment

Attempting to backup

Originally posted by DavidNewton View Post
      I am guessing that you are using Family Tree Maker. I have FTM2014 and when you select Backup from the File menu there is a button labelled Change underneath the final Radio button Custom Directory. If you click that then you should get a file tree and t is then a matter of scrolling down it until you find your external drive and select it. This should then become your backup directory.

As far as I know you can only backup one file at a time (namely the Current tree)

David
      Thank you David, that worked!

Brian

Comment

Working...
      X