Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 with my fuji camera

Hi all

I have just updated to a puter with W8 and it seems not to recognise my camera software. I've got finepix s1000fd and a compact 10.2 mega pix which both used to open using the same software. Now when I connect I get this message:

I/O error ocurred. Process aborted.

Does anyone know if this is a software problem? We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software to no avail.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks
    Rose

I/O error sounds like a possible hardware problem. If the camera attaches by USB I suggest trying another USB port to see if it makes a difference.

I expect you have been on to the Fuji website, but if not the following link leads to the download page for your camera.

but a quick look down the lists suggets that there are no significant changes to account for windows 8.

David

Added in edit: I have a Finepix F10 and I have not bothered wih the Fuji software. I just connect the camera and Windows treats it as an external harddrive and your photos are accessible via Windows Explorer. Might be worth a shot!
    Last edited by DavidNewton; 14-08-14, 19:21.

Comment

Personally I take the SD card out of the camera and stick it in the slot. Works with my Windows 8.
      Anne

Comment

Thanks David, we've downloaded some software from there and it seems to be ok now.

Anne, we have done that and it works but prefer using the cable.
        Rose

Comment

Working...
        X