Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon printer mg3150

Good morning
    Canon MG1350 Printer - when my wife tries to photocopy - there is a flashing light to the left which indicates C ...it is not the paper indicator - and we have plenty of Ink ....does anyone know what this flashing letter C indicates ...obviously we can`t photocopy anything ...
    thanks for any help
    allan;)
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

apologies ...it is a Canon MG 3100 - NOT A 3150...silly old custard that I am
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

My model number is not the same but it is a similar printer and the C and B LEDs indicate print levels. From the onscreen manual:

"Light or flash orange when ink runs out, etc. The lamp on the left indicates the color FINE cartridge status and the lamp on the right indicates the black FINE cartridge status."

David

PS I would expect that you have an onscreen manual hidden in your Canon folder. Mine is located C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Manual\CANON MG2100 SERIES\English. Double click the file info.evg.

Comment

THANKS David ...I have been trying most of the day ...it IS a MG3150 ...when I clean the colour cartridge and put it back the B starts flashing ...when I clean the Black cartridge the C starts flashing BOTH - cartridges are filled ...I went on youtube and one Canon printer had a RESET button ...but I can`t find one on this model MG3150...so frustrating ...why would it alternate that either C or B is empty when they are not ??

Comment

This is a wierd problem, I can make some suggestions but you may have already tried them.

1. Go into Control Panel> Devices and Printers right-click your printer and try Troubleshoot, or even Properties may give you a clue
          2. Are you using Canon cartridges? It has been known for printers to refuse to print unless the cartridges are original.
          3. A suggestion that I saw online, which may be the RESET. Switch the printer off at the mains power switch. Then switch the power back on while holding down the On button and keep holding it until the lights stabilize. It will probably do nothing but on the surface it can't harm (I hope they do not become 'famous last words')

David

Comment

thanks David ...will give that a go now ....my wife is just photocopying ...would it help to connect the printer to the Laptop with the USB lead ??
            cheers
            allan

Comment

The Device and Printer "repair " is telling me that the colour cartridge is empty - but I have put plenty of ink in...so I think I will have to get a new Colour Cartridge ??

Comment

Direct USB connection often helps, at least you will get no network problem. If you are able to photocopy without problem then at least you know that the printer is working and the USB should allow printing from the laptop.

David

Sorry, missed your last post. I had a problem like this some years ago with a new epson cartridge. When I phoned support they cheerfully told me that I was using a compatible cartridge and their printer was designed not to allow that!!. When I pointed out that this was the original cartridge supplied with the printer they did offer me a replacement.
                Last edited by DavidNewton; 07-08-14, 20:36.

Comment

Working...
                X