Advice now installed Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice now installed Windows 7

I am leaving this as an ongoing thread (others are welcome to use for their queries if they wish) as I encounter things.

I had Picassa to process my digi photos on my XP. The pics have been saved into My Pics on W 7. I now need to upload/download the right free Picassa software for W 7.

Have googled and seen a few different ones. Any advice would be welcome before I embark .
    Liz

I have worked out how to reduce size of folder icons in My Docs and Pics but not on desktop. Have tried R click with mouse but can't see option to reduce size.

Thanks .
    Liz

Comment

Right click on Desktop - select VIEW - select LARGE/MEDIUM/SMALL ICONS
      Elaine

Comment

Another option for the desktop icons is to click the desktop then holding down the ctrl key use the mouse wheel to zoom the icon sizes.

David

Comment

Thank you, David & Elaine. Done! Simple! .
          Liz

Comment

I've downloaded Picassa 3.9 okay...just a matter of confidence. Getting there.
            Liz

Comment

Is there a way to set my screen up so that when I am not using it, it just goes to the normal desktop, with icons and toolbar and picture when I click back on, rather than back to plain screen and I have click User icon again?

Many thanks - no rush.
              Liz

Comment

Start button - Control Panel

In the search box (top right) type 'screen saver'

Under Personalization click 'Set screen saver password'

In the middle make sure 'On resume, display logon screen' ISN'T checked.

Click OK, then close Control Panel.
                Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
                Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
                Devine in Ireland

Comment

Thank you, Pete - that is great and you explain it so clearly. I gingerly looked at power save and left it at balanced rather than save where possible. I do watch TV (watch again) on it.
                  Liz

Comment

Working...
                  X