Had Windows 7 installed but have no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Windows 7 installed but have no sound

The computer shop have wiped XP from my life and now getting to grips with Windows 7.

I watch TV on i player etc and can get the picture but no sound.

I have been into Control Panel then Hardware & Sound and tinkered there. The Realtek Digital Output icon on bottom desktop toolbar says 45%.

This happened when I had a new hard drive a few years ago and the guy who provided it came and tinkered, saying he had forgotten to switch something on.

Can anyone help? Thanks for any advice you can give.
    Liz

I have just found this on googling the problem. I am only semi-computer literate but giving the first advice on here a try. Looks like might be more involved from the other comments:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-64aef08e3fd8

Yep, have followed the Microsoft engineer's advice and gone via Playback Device icon. It says my speaker is not connected. But it is to the tower and the green light which indicates power on is showing on the two little speakers. They are fairly new Logitech ones.
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 04-05-14, 19:15.
    Liz

Comment

Hi, Dave here...

Any chance of a screenshot of the Playback Devices window you have just opened? If I can see what it is currently showing, I should be able to help you. It's just a case of setting the default sound device to be your Speakers connection.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Dave - I've cracked it...said I was unplugged - replugged and done something else when audio something or other came on screen I okayed it.. And I got sound! I got sound!
        Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 04-05-14, 19:46.
        Liz

Comment

Well done. That is a common problem. The audio driver just didn't know your speakers were there until you replugged them.

For best performance, I would recommend putting the computer's volume control up to 100% and leaving it there all the time. Then just adjust the actual volume using the knob on the speakers.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Dave...will go off with slightly less trepidation to do that...
            Liz

Comment

Working...
            X