Anyone got an Asus computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got an Asus computer?

We are thinking of buying an Asus all in one computer. Does anyone have opinions on Asus? We had gone to browse a Lenovo one but the girl in the shop said the processor in that one was about 8 years old.

Any advise would be welcome :o
    Rose

No experience of Asus but I do have a Lenovo laptop and I am very pleased with it. Daughter also bought Lenovo laptop a couple of months ago.
    Might be a good idea to give some idea of the model you are interested in.

Also, you might think about having this thread moved to the computer section of the forum - we have a couple of members who seem to have more IT experience than the average member, and they might miss your question if it's posted on General.
    Elaine

Comment

Rose, I have an Asus note book and it has been great - but then I am not exactly computer techy so don't demand much from my computers.

Comment

I just recently bought an Asus memopad 8, and I'm just getting used to it. So far, it's been fine. I bought it over a Samsung Galaxy because the reviews were better, and so wa the price. The store I bought it in said they started stocking them because they had so many requests. I would suggest looking online at reviews.

Comment

I always was under the impression that the internals of most computers were the same. If this is the case then they should operate in an identical fashion and it eventually

comes down to visual impressions and what you like best and the final price.
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

My net book is an Asus & I love it
            Lynn

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Elaine, please could the thread be moved (didn't realise that comp section was there!).

The model we are looking at is Asus A10 ET2221 A6. The reviews I've seen are quite good.
              Rose

Comment

Have moved it for you Rosie. Hope you get some more help here.
                Elaine

Comment

thank you :-)
                  Rose

Comment

what model was the lenovo? would be good to compare, and i seriously doubt it would be using an 8yr old processor
                    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi Tim, the Lenovo we were considering was the C440.
                      Rose

Comment

Thanks Rosie,

The reviews for the Lenovo all seem very positive ( have struggled to find any for the Asus)

The salespersons reference to the Lenovo having an 8year old processor is (as suspected) incorrect and IMO shows that they have no technical or product knowledge and are promoting the product where they have a greater profit margin...

The best advice I can give is to read all the reviews you can find and then make your decision

Comment

Thanks for the info Tim. It seemed odd that she said the Lenovo was running such an old processor when firms seem to update processors with each model.

I hear rumours that there will be a Windows 9 in the autumn; know anything about that?
                          Rose

Comment

I would be mightily surprised to see the next version of windows before the end of next year

Comment

Working...
                            X