Mystartdial removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystartdial removal

As I have lost the scroll bar on googlechrome I decided to install Firefox ,something didn't seem right so I uninstalled it now am left with this Mystartdial which opens up every time I log on I definitely did not agree to anything other than Firefox and can remember unticking a couple of options .
    How do I get rid of it please it is not in my Programmes to remove.

This any help Val?

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thanks Wendy will give it a go

Comment

did it I think ? thanks I then ran superantispyware which did not pick it up but when I clicked on their option to remove unwanted programmes it found it so hopefully its deleted now.

Comment

That crept onto my computer too, Val, I've no idea how. Tried to wipe it out from the Control pane, but that didn't work. Finally found advice via Google which finally zapped it.

Gwyn
          Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Hi Gwyn mine appeared after I installed Firefox , yet I made sure I unticked anything I did not want , I deleted it through Ccleaner.

Comment

Did you download Firefox from Mozilla? I never got it when I downloaded it.
              Last edited by WendyPusey; 30-03-14, 20:46.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I thought I did Wendy ?
                I really prefer googlechrome for FMP but after the last update they removed the scroll bars making it very awkward.

Comment

I agree with Wendy; Firefox is one of the few free programs that NEVER installs other programs if you get it direct from Mozilla.

However last night MS Security Essentials picked up an attempted malware installation while I was playing Solitaire. All I had open apart from the game was Firefox with a tab for FB and a tab for FHF, but I wasn't actively using them; the pages were just open.

I didn't wait to see what it was trying to install, I just blocked it and deleted the install files.
                  Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
                  Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                  Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                  Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
                  Devine in Ireland

Comment

you have to be on your toes all the time dont you Pete ? dont suppose you know how to get the scroll bars back on Google ???

Comment

Which browser?
                      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                      Devine in Ireland

Comment

Googlechrome it was fine did they did an update
                        Last edited by Guest; 31-03-14, 21:53.

Comment

Sorry, I can't help. I tried Chrome a while ago and it screwed up IE and Firefox so I got rid. I didn't much like it anyway, I found it to be far too integrated and automated; I prefer to keep things separate and under my control.

I am a huge Firefox fan, but I have to keep IE because there are some uni web applications that don't have full functionality without it.
                          Devine in Ireland

Comment

thanks Pete , trouble I used to have with firefox was the pages scrolled really slowly for some reason, suppose I shall have to try again .

Comment

Working...
                            X