Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably an idiotic question, but.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably an idiotic question, but.............

I have an i-pod shuffle which has 'died' on me - I've been professionally advised that the cost of repairing it would be excessive to the original cost. OK, not the end of the world, but:

- I would like another gadget (not horrendously expensive) to listen to music - don't mind another i-pod, but have always used i-Tunes

- One which does not rely on i-Tunes, as I'm uneasy with having to leave my debit card details with them on a permanent basis.

As you may have gathered, I'm not very techie-savvy - computer problems I can (generally) solve, but in the realms of music, I'm lost........ and would appreciate any suggestions :o

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Gwyn,
    I loaded up I-tunes on my computer with a huge number of CD's- near enough to 50 - of my favourite tunes and then downloaded them to the I-pod. Enough music for a trip to Melbourne

and back without a repeat. The Pod plays thru the auxiliary setting on my cars radio.
    Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Gwyn obviously I don't know what your budget is but if you were happy with the shuffle you can still buy the latest (2012) version (from amazon) for around £40 and if you are willing to take the risk there are "knock-offs" (also from amazon) at about a third of that price. I think the shuffle is a great piece of kit, especially when walking and gardening, as you can clip it to your shirt pocket and not worry about it falling out.

Comment

Thank you both for your input.

I'd be quite happy with another i-pod shuffle as I really enjoyed using it. Can I use Amazon to download music, as I'm not happy using i-tunes?

Gwyn

Comment

I'm no expert on the ins and outs of downloading music. I have always used itunes as synchronising my ipod is simple. I have purchased music from amazon and itunes has picked it up without problem (I give itunes permission to organise my library) It goes into the itunes library and then I can sync with the ipod.

Comment

Thanks, David.

I'll have to have another go with i-tunes :D!!

Gwyn

Comment

You can also import music you have on cd into itunes and sync to your i device
              Sue ;)

Comment

Thanks, Sue.

Gwyn

Comment

Working...
                X