Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please with a annoying problem.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with a annoying problem.....

All day yesterday and this morning (so only a recent problem), I am continually getting information message from Adobe Flash player, publisher...Adobe sytems Incorporated, that a programme wishes to get into my laptop. I have tried everything to get rid of it but it is not having it. There appears to be no way of getting into it and it insists on popping up with every page I turn....I have tried re-setting and disabling but nothing is working....will I have to do a restore? Thanks for looking.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Hi Jen
    Adobe are a well known and trusted company, are they trying to install an update, if so I would let them as long as your sure it is from them.
    Robert

Comment

If the message is asking whether or not to allow a site access to local storage then you can change this behaviour by accessing the Flash Player control panel : Control Panel > Flash Player (32 Bit). This will open the Flash Player Settings Manager and in the Storage tab there are various options.

If the message is something else does it say which programme requires access. The fact that it turns up on every page is very suspicious you probably should run a malware scan. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is free and well-regarded.

Comment

Adobe Flash Player had a security problem recently and they are advising people to install the latest upgrade. Maybe it is something related to this.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

This is so strange, I replied to this thread this morning and that message now appears to have gone.....??
          Thank you for your replies......I did a restore but the message is still popping up, so I don't know what I can do about it....it may just get fed up and go away in time, perhaps after a further update.
          Jen

Comment

Could be Wendy, I do get regular updates from Adobe and always install them, maybe the next one may solve the problem.
            Jen

Comment

You should go and download the update manually now. The last update has a security fault which could let someone get into your PC.
              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

OK Wendy thank you.
                Jen

Comment

Downloaded an update for Adobe, and reset security setting and that appears to have solved the problem so thank you for your kind replies and help.
                  Jen

Comment

Working...
                  X