FT Forum on Hudl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT Forum on Hudl

Good morning - I've just got a Hudl and trying to get used to it. When I look for this forum via Chrome it tells me there is an app for FTF. I ignore that and continue until I get to the Forum and then browse.

Question - If I can get to the forum in the normal way, why do I need an app. What's the point of an app?

Would welcome your comments.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

FTF, as with the majority of websites out there, is optimised for use on Desktops and Laptops..

this means that we cannot give any guarantee regarding how the site will look or work on any given mobile device, so we use a plugin from tapatalk to give users of mobile devices the option of using their app to browse FTF..

If you are finding that the hudl will access FTF without issue, then the app is not necessarily something that you need, but the option is there for you.
    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Many thanks Grimsqueaker. Hudl is a whole new world. I'm back on my desktop at the moment but have found I can access the forum OK with the hudl. Think the hudl will be OK to browse but not for work purposes. I like my proper keyboard, large screens and curser. Feels so much more comfortable.

Off to play some more. Kind regards and thanks again.
      Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
      X