This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new BT Yahoo

Why the heck do I have to log in each time I use it? I'm having to type in my email address and password every time I switch on, it's driving me crazy.
    Stella passed away December 2014

I'm gritting my teeth and hoping they'll get round to sorting it out when the changeover is finished ie. they are no longer with Yahoo. I have two email addresses and I used to be able to just sign in to each one. Now I have to type each address out as well. It seems to be taking an extraordinarily long time for the changeover to happen.

Mean while I get at least two spam emails a day telling me I need to "click here" to change over (yeah, right!!!!). The spammers must be reaping it in :(

Anne

Comment

I hope the change is very soon too!! I am having to put the password in every few hours - it's remembering the rest.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one then. Thanks Caroline and Anne.

Comment

Found out how to stop having to sign in each time on your homepage. Go there, sign in and then add it to your bookmarks or favourites. It worked for me.
          Last edited by Stella; 29-10-13, 20:31.

Comment

I KNEW I'd seen something on here about this! It has suddenly started happening to me in the last two days without any warning. I have always had my BT Yahoo email inbox as my homepage but now, whenever I open my browser I get taken to the BT homepage and have enter user name and password to get at my email which is getting me more and more annoyed. There used to be a box to tick that said "remember me" or something similar so that I stayed logged in to my email account but that has disappeared. I'vetried Stella's suggestion but that only keeps me in my email for the length of time I'm on the internet. If I come off and go back in later I have to go through the whole flppin' rigmarole again. Did it sort itself out for those of you who had this problem back in October?
            ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
            Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

No, its not sorted out yet! They are STILL in the process of ditching Yahoo. If you look at the web address once you've logged in to your emails it still has Yahoo in the address.

I do have to log in every time but I managed to skip the BT home page by making the log in page a Favourite. Now I 'only' have to click on that to get to the log in box. Very annoying when you have more than one address. However I do have an iPad and getting at emails on there is a whole lot easier and faster, so I tend to check the emails on the iPad and answer any complicated ones on the computer.
              Anne

Comment

can somebody tell me what is the difference between BT Yahoo and Yahoo ??

Comment

Oh i'm glad it's not just me......i have been having some trouble with my computer and i thought it was this that was making me have to sign in each time !!
                  Jacky

Comment

Mine switched to the new system last week (following 48 hours with not being able to login at all). There is a message now in their FAQs which says that we will have to login every time until they finish the changeover next month, and there is no workaround ...... but since they've been saying the change is happening since July .......

Valerie, The difference is just that BT use/used yahoo to host their email and are gradually dumping it in favour of their own client. New customers go straight on to their new BT Mail, the long standing customers (avoiding the word old there!!) are still on the yahoo based BT email.
                    Caroline
                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thanks Caroline was wondering as I just went with BT last week and I already had a Yahoo mail account, I wont lose that one then will I ?

Comment

No the Yahoo and BTYahoo are completely different, Val.
                        anne

Comment

Thanks to all who have answered my question. After I'd posted it I found the FAQ page that Caroline mentions that says we can no longer be "remembered" for our sign-in and will have to enter user name and password every time. This is a real pain as I took their advice a long time ago and created a hard password that is a random mixture of letters and numbers, not a word.... it is so "hard" I can't remember it off the top of my head and have to look it up every time now. What is the thinking behind this? Certainly nothing to do with customer convenience!
                          Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

thanks Anne as even though I dont like the new set up its handy to have

Comment

Oh, it's driving me barmy today! Not only can I not stayed logged in to my email during an internet session and am being asked for my user name and password every time I want to go to my inbox, when I do fill in the log-in box it tells me it is "sorry" but my email session has expired and will I please log in again. When I click to log in, it then takes me to the old BT Yahoo log-in. I fill that box in and get told "sorry" your email log in session has expired and back I go to the BT log in page. After half a dozen times of going round in circles like this, I suddenly get my to my inbox. Surely, surely, with all BT's resources and knowledge, they should be able to manage a change better than this?
                              Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Ann, it's just done the same to me - I'm well fed up with it all now!
                                Jacky

Comment

Yep, me too. Thank goodness for the iPad!
                                  Anne

Comment

I'm ok with Yahoo today, but had the same message as Anne, Jacky and Ann a few days ago. So frustrating . I've had to sign in totally for ages too and I'd just changed my password to quite a long one and I mutter to myself every time I have to type it!

Gwyn
                                    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

For Stella, Anne and Caroline - Download and install (free) a programme called 'Roboform' Then when you come upon ANY forms for the first time a window pops up 'do you want to save the details',. click on 'save',. then next time you visit that site a window pops up 'fill forms ?', click 'fill & submit' and the form is filled in for you.
                                      When you first install the programme, go to 'Identities' and fill in as many details as you want Eg. Name, Address, Phone Number etc., then when you come upon a new form, instead of filling it all out, RoboForm pops up and fills the form from 'Identities'
                                      I have used it for almost 15 years now, so when I sign in to Bt Yahoo, I just click on the RoboForm pop up and voila, my log in details are filled in for me. Try it Ladies, it saves a lot of time, and you don't have to keep remembering Passwords.

Comment

Hi,
                                        See further down this page. re RoboForm.

Comment

Working...
                                        X