Getting rid of cookies please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of cookies please?

Can anyone tell me please whether I am clearing cookies ok when I do the following...... I go into tools and internet options and a box comes up saying 'Delete temporary files, history, cookies, etc'. There is also a box which is ticked saying 'Delete browsing history on exit. When I click delete, another box comes up with options and I always choose to delete Temp files, history and cookies. When the little box shoots across the top though I can always see it deleting the browsing history but I never see it shooting a blue line across to delete the cookies.

Is it clearing them without my seeing it or is it not clearing them for some reason please? I need any replies in plain speak because, as you can tell, I am not very computer literate in the working of things.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

That sounds OK to me. You'll know if cookies have been deleted because you'll have to sign in everywhere again.
    Anne

Comment

If you are determined not to have cookies then you can change the privacy settings in Internet Options. If you select the Tab labelled Privacy then you will see a slider, probably set to medium. If you change that to block all cookies (the top position) then Internet Explorer will block all cookies and will block all access to existing cookies. If some of your favourite locations complain or refuse to behave then go back in and change the setting down a notch until you have it set as you want it - don't go below medium.

My personal settings are medium for that. For more control: in the same privacy screen press the Advanced button. Select to Override Automatic Cookie handling. This will then give you options. I accept 1st party cookies (that is cookies from the site that I am on) and block 3rd party cookies (that is, cookies from advertisers and others with links in the site) I also allow session cookies because it I believe it makes it easier to stay logged in to websites while browsing.

Comment

I dont delete my cookies Chrissie as I would be forever looking for my passwords.

Comment

Thank you everyone
          The reason I wanted to be sure I had cleared cookies David was because my computer has been playing up and I suspected that it might be the cookies? Your explanation though was great thank you and very easy to understand.........even for me
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
          X