Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta search

How do I remove - please help?

I think these are the instructions I used. No idea how I got it on my own laptop since it was less than 24 hours old and all I had added were Chrome, Firefox and Skype!!

(I didn't use Spyhunter.)
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Follow the instructions that Caroline gave you
      AND
      Download MalwareBytes
      Install it (It is a safe antimalware piece of software)
      Run a scan
      If there are any parts of Delta left, it should find them and ask if you want them removed

A lifetime registration of MalwareBytes costs only £20 and this makes it work 'real-time, which means it is checking sites and downloads before you activate them

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thank you both so much - not only got rid of Delta search but also Dene search - what a relief!

Comment

This is interesting, my husband keeps asking me to re set his home page on his pc which has been replaced by 'babylon search'. I've been unable to re set his home page without this popping up first, I didn't realise it was something bad. I thought it was a problem with google chrome and was thinking of uninstalling and re installing it.
          Will the above procedure get rid of babylon, I think delta is on there too. The instructions for deleting unwanted search engines didn't work.
          Kathleen

Comment

Hi Kath
            'babylon search'
            Is yet another of these search tools that you are tricked into installing, but its real task is to take over your browser and keep redirecting you to either adverts or other sites that have other infections.

1. run its uninstall program
            2. Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions
            3. In the Extensions tab, select any extensions that have Babylon as part of its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin
            4. reset your homepage to the one that you want to use
            5. Download and Run MalwareBytes as a scan to find and remove any settings that may be left behind.
            6. PAY the registration fee for MalwareBytes to give your system real-time protection (not just after you are infected), that warns and block these types of threat.
            It is such a small fee for a lifetime of protection.

And my advice to everyone is if you visit a site it tells you to add a browser tool bar
            DON'T!
            ;)
            Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 22-09-13, 16:35.

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thank you Trevor - I couldn't find babylon in the extensions, it wasn't showing at all, I did find delta and deleted that along with others. The only thing showing in extensions now is 'Google Docs' and an icon for 'get more extensions'

I ran the malwarebytes and the babylon was still coming up as home page until I re set it. It seems to have disappeared now, I have checked again to make sure it isn't still there. After running the malwarebytes I had to delete 158 items from his pc.
              Kathleen

Comment

Working...
              X