Sign in to your Microsoft account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign in to your Microsoft account

For the past few days everytime I use my lap top I get a page asking me to sign into my microsoft account. I do it and then I am told they will send me a code in case I cant get in another time.

This goes round and round - I get no code sent to my email address - and then I get a page where I can skip using the code for a reducing number of days - its now 3 days.

Its driving me bananas. I get into my hotmail account finally but Im wondering what will happen after the 3 days now.

Anyone having this problem? or know how to stop it please

have tried googling for the answer but not come up with much ,have you tried changing your password maybe ?

Comment

Hi Val, no, my password works ok its just Ive never had this before. Each time I start the puter I have to go through a performance of logging in to microsoft - it seems to be somethign to do with outlook :( Pehaps its the recent updates that have caused it

Comment

Sounds a bit suspect to me. Why would anyone need to log into Microsoft? Not something I've heard of before.
        Anne

Comment

Are you using Windows 8???

Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Well - thanks people but oddly today it hasnt appeared - YET. It seems to be something to do with the changeover to outlook from hotmail. I hope it doesnt return as it will be such a pain if they cut off my email message service.

Its windows 7 Caroline.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 26-08-13, 13:11.

Comment

Blow it - just turned on the laptop and the rotten message is back and its telling me this is the last time I can skip it - hells bells.

Comment

dont know if this will help personally I dont use hotmail

Question Why does my Hotmail not retain my name and password any more? I am pressing 'keep me signed in' but this no longer seems to be working. How can I rectify this
                so that this information is retained?

Answer Try to clear your browser cache and cookies. Also try to reset browser settings.

Comment

Working...
                X