Yahoo Messenger problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Messenger problems

Is anyone else having the same problems as I am at the moment? It was working fine until a few days ago but now every time I go to read my e-mails it signs me out saying its because I was signed into another device! I have to sign back into Messenger. I also have Messenger on my mobile phone and each time I pick up either my computer or phone I have to sign in again as I get the same error message saying its because I am signed into another device. It wasn't like this before - I could pick up my phone and carry on a conversation where I'd left off on my laptop without any signing in.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

Joy

Just found this ..

Are you running the latest version of Yahoo Messenger?

Latest version appears to be ver. 11.5.0.228
    http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/
    Elaine

Comment

Hello Elaine Thanks for your help.

Yes I have seen that but I DO have the latest version on my laptop. I have tried downloading the latest one to my mobile but I've not been able to find one for it. I've deleted and re-installed it in the hope that it WOULD be the latest one but its 1.8.3.13903. The strange thing is that it was working fine before a few days ago. Its just like they're suddenly out of sync.

If I could send them a report about it I would but not able to find where to complain to. They have FAQ and I've also seen others with the same problem but just don't know how to solve it.

Joy

Comment

There seems to be a Yahoo community forum - you may be able to get some help there.
        I can't see the content as you need to sign in with your Yahoo ID ... and I don't have one!

Elaine

Comment

I've already added to a thread on there with someone with similar problems. So far no-one has come up with a solution. :(

Joy

Comment

I think I may have solved it. I have changed all my sign out settings to read the same - "always sign out everywhere" and it seems to be working ok now.
            Whether it was an error on Yahoo's accounts or just a setting problem I don't know but I hope its going to be ok now.

Thank you for your help Elaine.

Joy

Comment

Working...
            X