BT Yahoo email upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT Yahoo email upgrade

I'm constantly getting an email, supposedly from BT saying I must upgrade "because Classic Version will stop working on 3 June". I was suspicious to start with but even more so now it is AUGUST! Also suspicious that I am invited to click on a link to upgrade.

The strange thing is that OH and I have 4 addresses, 1 main and 3 subsidiary. The messages only come to one of the subsidiary ones.

I'm just deleting them! Anyone else getting bothered by these?
    Anne

I seem to remember that one from some time ago, but I'm not sure if it is a hoax or not. I have read on the BT site that shortly we will have to sign into BT rather than Yahoo, there is an offer to click on a link to learn more about it, but I haven't bothered, no doubt if/when it comes to pass I'll get pushed in the right direction!

Margaret.
    Margaret

Comment

What bothers me is that I've been getting this since about March. When the 3rd June passed and nothing happened I realised I was probably justified in ignoring it!!!! STILL nothing has happened even though the email says my BT Yahooo wil "stop working on 3rd June"

Like you Margaret, I think I will wait until something happens!
      Anne

Comment

For weeks I was getting a link to http://home.bt.com/news/btlife/the-b...11363812900474 on the BT Yahoo Home Page. Seems to have disappeared now.
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

This appears to be a plausible article on eth topic:

It includes this comment:
          If you've not previously upgraded to the new version of BT Yahoo! Mail, when you next log in to your BT Yahoo! webmail after the closure date on 13 June 2013, you'll get an update message like this. If you don’t receive a message then you're already on the newest version of BT Yahoo! Mail.
          Having said that, each such email you receive should be checked out - nothing to stop scammers using the BT bandwagon as a trojan horse!

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X