Windows 7 appearance help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 appearance help please.

I am working on an old computer because I can't face Windows 7after looking at hubby's laptop when he first got it. Hubby wants to swap me for his laptop as he only uses it for photos/video etc and thinks it would be better for me. I'm sure I would get used to it eventually apart from one thing and wonder if it's possible to change this feature -

On my XP I go directly into Yahoo (First tab along the top). Then everything I go into shows as a separate tab along the top. I find this very useful, especially for searching, as I can have free bmd i.e. the birth of someone - then perhaps Ancestry for the marriage and death search and keep flicking between the two to compare. However, on windows 7 it appears that you can only see one tab at a time and have to keep pressing the back arrow to see the others. This would drive me to distraction.

Is there any way on Windows 7 that I can have several tabs showing along the top at the same time please?
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

I have Firefox as my Browser, and I can have as many tabs along the top as I want. All I need to do is click on each tab that I want to see.

Think your problem is with Yahoo, not Windows7.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Similar to Wendy except I use Chrome - can have as many tabs (and windows) as I want.
      Elaine

Comment

I use IE9 & I have it open up with 5 home pages all side by side tabs i.e. Gmail, FTF, Ancestry, Bigpond & WikiTree - you can set this up in Internet Options.

At times I have been known to have over 20 tabs open.

Comment

Thank you Wendy, Elaine and Vivian

Hubby is asking how you do that Vivian please. He is just checking and he is on IE10 (I'm on IE7). We were looking at Internet Options yesterday but couldn't see anything that we thought would help.

Comment

Open up whatever START websites you want in different tabs.
            Click on the tool icon - go to Internet options.
            General tab - HOME PAGE - use current - APPLY
            Close down IE.
            Open up IE and your START websites that you have previously chosen should appear in different tabs.
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks to all your help hubby has just had another look and we have discovered that you can have them across the top There is a little box on each tab saying Blank page which brings up another tab and so on

Comment

Thank you Elaine I think I'm happy to swap his computer now I will probaly find that I can't do something else on Windows 7 and be back on here with another question in a couple of weeks
                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 28-07-13, 12:41.

Comment

Working...
                X