Mobile phone problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile phone problems

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace mobile phone which I've had for about 12 months now.

Over the past few days it is driving me nuts. Grrrrrrrrr!!! It keeps freezing and turning itself off for no apparent reason and some photos I've taken over the last few days have also disappeared from my gallery. The battery still has lots of life in it when this is happening.

Has this happened to anyone else and now do I fix it please? Is there such a thing as system restore on a mobile phone?

I've done the usual thing as regards my pictures of taking out the SD card and putting it back in. Re-booting the phone, several times, but they're still not there.

Joy

If your phone is on contract, it may be worth taking it to your local shop and having a chat with them.

When it is on, check what applications are running and close those you do not require. Have you downloaded anything recently. If so this may be the cause of the recent behaviour.

Also check if there are any updates pending. These might resolve the issue

D

Comment

Thank you for your help. At the moment it appears to be working well but I've not been using it as much as I did last week when I was away for a few days.
      It did seem to go wrong when I was Googling a web site for hubby!! Maybe that was the cause?
      As far as my photos are concerned, I did manage to find them when I connected it to my laptop, but why they "disappeared" from my gallery is a mystery.

Joy

Comment

Hello Joy, I had the same phone and lost about 50 photos I had taken whilst on holiday. They just disappeared. Lot of people have had the same problem. As dermot said, if you are still under contract take the phone back. Its under guarantee as long as you are under contract. Its showing signs of going belly up and the shop should get it repaired. If you are not under contract, is it still under warranty. If so get it back to the shop a.s.a.p.

Best of luck.
        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Thanks Linda. Sorry you're having the same problems. Fortunately it now seems to be working ok and I DID manage to find the ones I lost when I connected my phone to my laptop. They weren't exactly lost, just gone elsewhere!!! Maybe that's where you'll find yours.

Joy

Comment

Hello Joy, I even tried connecting the SD card to my computer but they still could not be found. My niece has a friend who says the SD card was probably corrupted and he knows of software where he thinks he can retrieve the photos. Will let him try. As far as the phone was concerned I was due for an upgrade with O2 and they took the old Galaxy Ace in part exchange against a new Galaxy Ace 2. I am more than impressed with the new phone but use my Sony point and shoot little camera to take photos. Lost confidence in phone cameras. Good luck with yours. I would download your photos to your laptop on a regular basis "just in case".

Kind regards
            Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
            X