Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspaper images from FMP

Hi

If I look at a newspaper cutting on FMP and want to print a bit of it out (rather than the whole page), I find it hard to work out how to do it. Also, if I've ever managed to cut and paste some of the text into, say, Word, the print is so feint that it won't print out properly.

Is there a knack, and can I get it please?

Thanks
    STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

When you view the article, try clicking on the download tab (just above image). This then downloads the whole page as a PDF file with much higher resolution - I then find I can take a screenshot (using something like snipping tool) from the pdf file.
    Elaine

Comment

.. that's using the British Newspapers, sorry not FMP!
      Just seen that FMP also has a download button so try it and see if it works!
      Elaine

Comment

I've tried the download button, and you get the whole page on the screen, but it's not zoomable (is that a word?), so you just get a whole screen of wishy-washy image with no indication as to whereabouts on the page "your" bit is. Well, that's how it seems to me, anyway.

Comment

Just tried one.
          Do your search - when image shows zoom out so you can see where on the page your bit is - make a note of column and top/middle/bottom.
          Download.
          Full page then appears in pdf format.
          I'm using Chrome so don't know if it's different on other browsers, but if I hover my mouse over the bottom right hand corner of the grey area around the page, I get the print, zoom, save icons appear. (They disappear when I move my mouse away from bottom corner). Find your bit and zoom in. I can certainly get a fairly high resolution doing it that way.
          Elaine

Comment

.. of course, how clear it comes out depends largely on the quality of the original scan!
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks will give it a go next time I access an image.

Comment

I've got an image open at the moment, but can't find the bit that I want on the page at all. Arghhh!

Comment

I have the same trouble finding my bit, I zoom in then use the snipping tool to save it

Comment

Working...
                  X