Canon printer mg4250 + samsung laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon printer mg4250 + samsung laptop

I use with the cable on my desktop PC so that I can use the www etc so I know that it works

I have just purchased a wifi printer and it works well but have not been able to get it to talk to my laptop

The wifi on my laptop works well but I cannot get it to talk to the printer.

I always get a message asking me to switch the printer on but of course it is on.

Any ideas please how I can make these two friends?
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

have a look at this Margaret dont know if it will help

Comment

seems you have to set up sharing
      Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Hello Val,

After days and sleepless nights I have just had sucess in getting my Laptop to talk to the printer. John Lewis Part Tech Dept were so helpfull but could not fix it. They put me onto Canon in Holland (try not to think about the phone bill) and a very helpfull lady tried so hard to help me sort it. Canon downloaded the latest software and still nothing happened. I decided that the time had come to take this lot to the tip. Yesterday morning I switched on the Laptop and the Printer and I got a message saying Software Installed - Press Complete. End of Story what a mystery it has all been. Thank you for your help.
        Last edited by Margaret N; 25-06-13, 21:44.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

thats great Margaret , its so frustrating when nobody can help you, glad your sorted.

Comment

Looks like the classic PC helpdesk joke

"Have you turned it off and on again?"

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
            Hello Val,

After days and sleepless nights I have just had sucess in getting my Laptop to talk to the printer. John Lewis Part Tech Dept were so helpfull but could not fix it. They put me onto Canon in Holland (try not to think about the phone bill) and a very helpfull lady tried so hard to help me sort it. Canon downloaded the latest software and still nothing happened. I decided that the time had come to take this lot to the tip. Yesterday morning I switched on the Laptop and the Printer and I got a message saying Software Installed - Press Complete. End of Story what a mystery it has all been. Thank you for your help.

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thank you Trevor, nice one. The answer on this occasion is many, many times 'three times daily'.
              Margaret N

Comment

Working...
              X