Malware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware

Kaspersky has detected this on my computer but recommends that I ignore it! Is there any way that I can get rid of whatever it is? I've seen free downloads that say they will get rid of it but I'd rather use something that has been recommended.

Margaret.
    Margaret

AdAware is supposed to be good, or Malwarebytes which I use is also good. Whether it will get rid of your particular malware I don't know.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

superantispyware is good http://download.cnet.com/SuperAntiSp...-10523889.html
      or failing that install Ccleaner ,I run mine each night before I log off
      Download CCleaner for FREE. Clean your PC of temporary files, tracking cookies, browser junk and more! Get the latest version today.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-06-13, 17:43.

Comment

Kaspersky is notorious for indicating false positives (flagging up items as infected when they aren't).

What is Kaspersky flagging up? Can you post the full message?
        Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

Thank you for your replies, I decided to download Malwarebytes, but before I could do a scan Kaspersky kicked in and started to disinfect then Windows did a repair job, I just hope that everything is working ok, I've never had anything like this before and it rather spooked me. I'm wondering if it was something fairly new as it took Kaspersky a couple of days to get rid of it.

Pete, I've used Kaspersky for nearly a year now and it is the first time that anything has been flagged up.

Margaret.
          Margaret

Comment

Working...
          X