No announcement yet.

cursor keeps freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realised that iMesh comes in 2 parts; the internet search bit and a file sharing bit. The file sharing bit is extremely bad, as it allows others to access files on your computer, and could be the cause of the freeze.

To unistall it completely you must make sure that iMesh isn't running. Do you see a ladybird icon in the system tray (near the clock)? If it isn't there it may be hidden; click on teh little whit triange next to the system tray to show all icons.

If you see the ladybird, left click on it to bring up it's menu then click on 'exit'. The uninstall should then work.

If you can't see the ladybird, try restarting in safe mode (press F8 after the computer boot screen but before Windows starts to load). You can then try uninstall.

If that still doesn't work report back and we will have to manually remove it using regedit (not something to do unless you REALLY know what you are doing, but I can guide you through it)
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

Thanks very much Peter - can`t see a ladybird or a white triangle ...will try the F8 before windows starts ...wish me luck ....
      left click has stopped working now as well ...using a mouse instead ...
      allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
      oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
      adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
      merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
      coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Well...up to now I have been on over 3 hours and it hasn`t frozen once - so I am hoping the F8 safe mode has sorted it ....thanks all....won`t post again unless it freezes again ...just a question Peter ??...could it be possible that when I don`t have the power supply plugged in - just running on battery - that it might freeze ....even though battery might show ie 80%...??....thinking about the last couple of days ,it has only frozen when my wife has her laptop plugged in ( we both use the same lead - same make of laptops )...and are both in the same room ??...in other words - she`s plugged in and I`m on battery then mine freezes ??
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Battery or mains shouldn't make a difference.

If you are running under F8 Safe Mode STOP! Safe mode starts Windows without any add-on programs running, including anti-virus. The only reason for running under safe mode is to un-install something that normally loads automatically, or as a diagnosis tool.

You should have only stayed in safe mode to un-install iMesh, then re-booted as normal. However as the problem seems to have gone away under F8 it indicates that it is something loading in the background that is causing it.
          Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
          Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
          Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
          Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
          Devine in Ireland

Comment

Thanks Peter ....I will shut down and started Windows on Normal .....cheers...

Comment

Working...
            X