Critical error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical error?

On my Laptop I run Windows 7 and after a Windows Update today I had a message that read:-

CRITICAL ERROR - White X in a Red Circle - No Suitable Graphics Device found. OK

Is this important I am able to view my photographs and the Web maybe it is normal. Any ideas please.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

This may be a bit late (I've been on holiday), but it sounds like Windows update downloaded the wrong graphics driver update, but if you still want some help I need a bit more information.

First of all do you have a red flag (bit like a golf hole flag) in the system tray? (bottom right, next to the clock).

If you do click on it. If you don't there is a little whit triangle next to the System Tray. Click on that and a little window will open and the flag should be there, but it will be white; click on that.

This will bring up any outstanding Action Centre messages. Find the message and double click on it; you should get some guidance on how to fix the issue. If you understand what it is telling you great, but if not post here and I can have a look.
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

Pete, Thank you for your reply, I have not come across this problem again but I will try and download some more photos tomorrow and see what happens.
      Sorry for my late reply but have been very busy over the last few days.
      Will let you know if I still get the problem.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
      X