Yahoo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo question

I have Yahoo as my home page - overnight they have changed things on me and added lots of their own 'favourites' to my list on the left hand side. Any idea how I can remove these so I can get back to my own favourites easil;y? I can't find anything on the page for editing that list of rubbish they've added:(

I usually right click then go to delete (while on the one I want to get rid of) it does the job for me.

Comment

Tried that Maddy, no delete comes up. There's no 'X' to remove or anything - it's already driving me potty and I've only had the computer on for half an hour. I'll get OH to have a look when he comes in and if nothing can be done I shall just have to find another 'home'

Comment

OK, I have no patience to try and sort Yahoo out so have gone elsewhere. Now to settle myself in and put the various pot plants and ornaments around the page

Comment

I dont know what Yahoo are doing lately I cant get on with it now.

Comment

My yahoo toolbar in IE is causing me all sorts of problems recently.

Can't work it out. Perhaps it is linked to IE behaving badly; keeps closing and reopening, toolbars keep go missing.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Yahoo seems to be mucking a lot of people about! Well, I have now moved to Google (a nice blank page that loads quickly)

Comment

I just use Google toolbar and set my IE home page to "blank page". I have to watch when something (I think it's Adobe Acrobat reader) wants to upgrade and I need to opt out of loading an unwanted toolbar.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks, UJ, will watch out for that

Comment

if you google a lot of people say the yahoo toolbar is full of spyware ? so when it loaded without me realising I uninstalled it.

Comment

Working...
                    X