Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can I only get google news UK edition on IE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can I only get google news UK edition on IE?

I used to be able to get news from USA , Oz , NZ etc now cannot. Can anyone help please?
    Judith

To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
    -- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

I'm using IE9 and it can, by selecting from the dropdown list, access news from all locations listed.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Trevor, I have IE10 and even when I had IE9 I couldn't get a drop down list. I used to get it though.
      Judith

Comment

To the right of the red text 'News' you should see a dropdown to select the edition

Are you saying that you do not have that appearing?

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
          To the right of the red text 'News' you should see a dropdown to select the edition

Are you saying that you do not have that appearing?
          Yes Trevor that is what I am saying.
          Judith

Comment

Sounds daft, but go to the page and press Ctrl and F5 together

Researching:

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
              Sounds daft, but go to the page and press Ctrl and F5 together
              Magic Trevor. You're a genius. Thank you. The other day I was messing around cleaning the keys and must have pressed a Ctr or Alt or shift key with an F key.
              Judith

Comment

Your browser was using what is called a cached version of the page.
                In plain English, this means it was using a layout that was stored for faster viewing from a previous visit to the site and that this had the problem in it.
                By using the Ctrl and F5 command, you instructed the browser to download a completely new version of the page and delete the cached one.

Researching:

Comment

Working...
                X