Keep getting this message on Windows Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep getting this message on Windows Media Player

Played all these discs before so can't work out why I keep getting this message every time. Some are photos and some are videos

"Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD. The disc was created in a way that the Player does not support"

Anyone got any ideas please

Linda

Can't help with that, but have you tried VLC media player? My son installed it for me and told me to use this instead of WMP.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I fully agree with Wendy, VLC is far superior. Media Player has become so over complicated it is now almost unuseable.

I have been using VLC for years now; it is so much simpler and it also supports far more video formats.
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

A hat trick of votes for VLC

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks everyone..downloaded VLC and can now see everything. Spent 2 gours last night watching all the grandkids videos from way back..thanks so much

Linda

Comment

I downloaded this some time ago but not sure I am using it right as I still get a lot of buffering ? do I just open VLC ? then click on the iplayer video ?

Comment

Hi Val,

I just right clicked on the video then click on 'Open With' then from the choices click 'VLC.

Linda

Comment

oh really Linda I feel such a an idiot didn't see that option ? thanks

Comment

Working...
                X