Windows Live Mail versus Windows Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Live Mail versus Windows Mail

Been updating Laptop and want to synchonise emails, whats the difference between Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail ? and can I have Windows Mail say on the Laptop and Windows Live Mail on the PC would the emails go to both ? or must I have the same on both ?
    Thanks

Difference between Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail - I think that Windows Mail is for Vista, and Windows Live Mail for Windows 7.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine thats odd because I installed it on my Vista Laptop but when I looked on here which is Vista too it said it cannot be installed for the reason you just gave .
      If that so I suppose I need to install Windows Mail on the Laptop instead ? as I dont really want different programmes on each.

Comment

surely if you have one email account you don't need to install it on whichever computer you are using?

as I use Hotmail & gmail all I have to do is type in the url and it takes me to my mail client, I then login and i'm away..
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I am installing windows mail Julie as I uninstalled Incredimail so dont have a email programme at all at the moment.

Comment

ahhh right I see,
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

sorted now seems you can use Windows Live Mail on Vista after all

Comment

Hello Val,

Just catching up with your problem. I understand that some versions of Windows 7 does not support Windows Mail and I was also told that Windows Mail - the emails are Saved to your PC but Windows Live they are on a server in the sky.
                I have not been able to prove this even at a computer club I occasional visit.

The reason I like to have two seperate providers is that I make sure that serious information that I need to keep I put on W Mail without a copy and paste. Anything like a business enquiries that continue to mail you can fill up a server in the sky and not my computer.

I have gmail which I like but a second account is usefull when one site goes down or you get locked out. I do not have a fancy Smart Phone or anything like that.

I will have another go at trying to put Windows Mail onto my laptop.
                Margaret N
                DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

only just seen this Margaret, I think I have sorted it now thanks .

Comment

Working...
                  X