Internet connection.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet connection.................

I'm trying to help a friend who is less computer literate than I am .

She has a Toshiba lap-top, plus a dongle for power. When I plug the dongle in on her computer, it flashes blue - I presume this means that it's working? (It is one that you can buy credits for). However, when I click on 'Google Chrome' to be directed to web browsing, it says that it can't connect. Even when I plug the computer unto the mains supply here, I get nowhere.........

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Sorry Gwyn, but your description is so confusing.
    What do you mean 'dongle for power

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Apologies, Trevor.

I should have just said 'a dongle' which I understand is the little device plugged into the side of the computer to enable Internet usage without a connection to a land line. As I explained, I plugged her computer into the mains here and as we have WiFi, I thought it'd solve the problem, but, no.

Gwyn

Comment

do you mean portable broadband ???

Comment

If you have trouble connecting your Chromebook to the internet, try the steps below. Test your Chromebook after each step to check if the problem is fixed. If you still have trou

this might help

Comment

Thanks Val - I am sodumb when trying to describe computer problems!

Gwyn

Comment

we all were once dont worry about it, I suggested a Dongle the other day to a mate and she said whats the right word for it ? as she thought I was kidding as it sounded rude.
              Did you sort her problem ?

Comment

No, not yet, Val..............

Gwyn

Comment

The problem you may have is that there needs to be some configuration changes and without actually seeing what the current system looks like, that is extremely difficult to do in a text based forum

Researching:
                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks, Trevor - that's actually what I've managed to organise with a good friend who has officially 'retired' from the world of computing, but he's agreed to come round to see what is the problem.

Gwyn

Comment

Working...
                    X