Keep being thrown out of Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep being thrown out of Ancestry

Can anyone help? I keep logging into Ancestry and then I click onto another page and i'm logged out?
    Not sure why this keeps doing this and how do I get back into it??

Thanks

Tracy

It seems to be working fine for me.
    Might be worth clearing cache and history to see if that helps.
    Have you tried using a different browser to see if you have the same problem.
    Elaine

Comment

I've had this problem on numerous occasions in the past. To be honest, depending on which computer I am on I could be using a different browser. I honestly can't remember if it has only happened on one computer or both. It has usually happened to me when I do a search on somebody. I get a load of results up, click on one I want to look on and then when it goes to the page I'm logged out. Anyway I log back in do a search again and the whole thing happens again. In the end when this has happened I have given up and returned later to find it's all working OK. It will then be OK for a while then happen all over again.

Must admit, I have given up trying to find out what is wrong but it is frustrating because you do tend to lose the drift of your research when you keep getting logged out.
      LindaG

Comment

A good tip when you are following a research thread is not to click on a link from the main search results, as you have to keep going back, but to use your RIGHT mouse button and open the link in a new page/tab.

This will allow you to open that link and follow the thread for as long as you need to, but still have your original search results in another window that you can return to.

The same goes for when you use search engines etc
        ;D

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I cleared the cashe but that didn't help. Decided to shut my computer down and re start. Seems ok now!

Comment

Working...
          X