How do I get rid of MyStart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get rid of MyStart

Yesterday I upgraded my IncrediMail account. I made sure that I unticked where it asked if I wanted MyStart as my home page. Since then when I open a tab, there is MyStart. :( Google is still my home page but I cannot get rid of MyStart when I open my tabs. I've tried all sorts of things to get rid but its still there. I've tried deleting their Tool Bar but it won't delete. I've done a System Restore but that didn't work either.

Any ideas please how to get rid?

Joy

Took me ages to get rid of it. If you are using Chrome it is VERY stubborn!!

If you've removed the bar then you need to double check you have removed the extension - it is the orange block.

Then try this - it finally shifted it for me: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6005046AAIMDz2

It was on the PC I did it and I might have kept the step-by-step I found but I can't get it now, so this is from memory.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I had bookmarked it on the PC - here it is for each browser.

BTW, it's not a virus, just a blooming nuisance so you can ignore from Step 3 onwards and delete the folder in the previous post.

I hope all that helps.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you so much Caroline, its now gone. It was a file called Perion which I removed and now I'm back to normal.
        I spent ages yesterday trying to rid of the bloomin' thing so can now relax. ;D;D

Joy

Comment

thanks...I have the same problem...I have made Yahoo,co.uk my ONLY homepage and it seems to have stopped Mystart - but I will follow your link anyway to be on the safe side ...cheers
          allan
          ADDED...well that was easy... it was still there on my pc ..
          thanks again
          Last edited by garstonite; 22-12-12, 18:26.
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
          X