3 second delay...anyone help please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 second delay...anyone help please ?

Good morning ...I am on my grandsons Laptop and he has asked me for help ...he is 11 and I am 61 and he thinks his Grandad can help...but actually I am stuck...so I would like to solve this for him before he gets back from school at 4 pm ..
    I think it has to be some thing simple to fix ..
    For some reason his laptop is taking 3 to 5 seconds to go to any sites / etc ...normally within a second ...when I make this post it will take 3 - 5 seconds to go through ...normally a lot quicker ...has anyone any ideas as to why please .....??
    thanks
    btw I have been on to Disk cleaner and freed up a few unused files

thanks for reading - any help will be really appreciated

allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Have you checked to see what your internet speed is? Time taken for pages to load via the internet depends on the speed your ISP provides. Sometimes if they have a problem it can make the internet slower for a while.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Have you done a virus check?
      Judith

To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it."
      -- Michel de Montaigne, Essays, 1559

Comment

I'd install C-Cleaner and run the main program, not the registry bit, to get rid of all cookies and temporary files as they can clog up your computer. If you want to keep what's in your recycle bin then make sure you uncheck it in the list of what's to be cleaned.

Comment

Thank you all...installed CCleaner ....doesn`t seem to have made much difference
          allan
          ADDED...I take that back ...great improvement - but - the up and down arrows when you scroll up and down a page are still stuttering ...could this be the keypad ?
          allan
          Last edited by garstonite; 13-12-12, 23:43.
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Assuming you are on WIFI
            For a quick test, temporarily move the device nearer to your router and then try again. If there is a suitable improvement then perhaps your signal needs boosting or you need to change the channel.

Comment

Working...
            X