Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most dangerous time of the year

It's the most dangerous time of the year
    The run up to Christmas is when all the scams etc accellerate.

Rule 1 - There is no such thing as a free lunch
    If someone forwards you something telling you to like/install it and get free goods etc... , it will be a scam!

Rule 2.
    Google and check ALL "forward this" or "open this, it's really funny" emails or facebook posts from people you know.

Rule 3
    Stop spamming your friends with silly videos or game applications, they may be infecting their own PCs after you have infected yours

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

good advice there Trevor, I am getting sick of friends forwarding on emails to me and their contacts ,

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      good advice there Trevor, I am getting sick of friends forwarding on emails to me and their contacts ,
      Sometimes it's involuntary - the result of "harvested" email addresses.

I get emails from my Yahoo self, occasionally - and I certainly didn't send them.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If you are receiving emails from your own account, it needs the sender to know your password to access and send it.
        Yo need to change the password.
        The messages are sent out automatically on-mass from what the database has managed to get email + passwords for

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
          If you are receiving emails from your own account, it needs the sender to know your password to access and send it.
          Yo need to change the password.
          The messages are sent out automatically on-mass from what the database has managed to get email + passwords for
          Not necessarily Trevor.. Spoofing sender email addresses is frighteningly easy..
          https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

I didnt explain myself too well again ! I get emails from a certain friend who got the email from one of her friends ,who got it from somebody else etc etc they all forward it on and so all those people know my email and I know all theirs, drives me mad.

Comment

Working...
            X