Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gmail - How do I add another users name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail - How do I add another users name?

I have used Gmail for a number of years and always found it easy to add and delete or change a User Name.
    I can no longer find a way to add another User Name (I only have two at the present time) as I require another name for a new project. Suddenly all the options that I was used to have disappeared.
    As I said on a Thread in October everything is changing fast as I have to dig deep to delete my Web History. Progress I suppose they call it.

I have Vista on my PC and Windows 7 on my Laptop both using the old basic Google Home Page as I do not like Chrome.

If I leave Gmail I can see no way of saving all my mail to my Hard Drive so hope someone can give Step by Step help with the User Name.

Thank you.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Firstly, if you want to download your emails to your hard drive then you could install Windows Live or Mozilla Thunderbird. Both are email programs.

You say you are not using Chrome, so I presume you are using Internet Explorer to view emails from your gmail account (via the web).
    Can you see your email username at the top right of the page - if so is there a small drop down arrow at the end of your username.
    Click on that and you should see the option to add a new account.
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
      Click on that and you should see the option to add a new account.
      .. forgot to say, you need to create the account first!
      Gmail is email that’s intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15 GB of storage, less spam, and mobile access.
      Elaine

Comment

Thank you for your help. I am not using Chrome but have the Google Home Page (older style). I hate the pages with adverts. If I move to windows live I think that I will loose my saved Gmail.
        I have just tried to use the link that you sent me and I am working on it as I do not wish to give Google all my personal details. 'Sex' mobile number and do not wish them to use my personal information anyway. I only wish to accept their basic terms.
        I have two gmail addresses and all I want is one more. I also have one talktalk address and all this has worked so well over the years. Now Google have a new look set up. I just have to face up to being old fashioned and don't like Hi-Tec changes.
        Looks as if you have better weather than us. I hope it holds as I am going to Tenerife for ten days shortly to try and get warm again.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
          I am not using Chrome but have the Google Home Page (older style). I hate the pages with adverts.
          I think you are confused as to what Chrome and Google actually are.
          Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc. are web browsers - they are programs that you open before you do anything else.
          Once you have opened your web browser, whichever one it might be, then you open a search engine such as Google, Yahoo, Dogpile, Mocova.

If I move to windows live I think that I will loose my saved Gmail.
          When you download your emails from a web based email storage, such as gmail, to an email client on your computer, such as Windows Live - you have an option within the email settings on gmail to leave a copy there or not, as you wish.

Now Google have a new look set up. I just have to face up to being old fashioned and don't like Hi-Tec changes.
          I don't understand you on this one. My google search engine page could not be more simple - and is no different on an XP machine to a Windows 7 machine. This is google search engine viewed in Chrome web browser

Looks as if you have better weather than us. I hope it holds as I am going to Tenerife for ten days shortly to try and get warm again.
          We had our fair share of rain a couple of weeks ago, but fortunately it is usually all over and done with in a couple of days and then returns to blue skies. Getting chilly at night now though - we are almost into single figures!
          Elaine

Comment

Elaine, Thank you so much for your help. I certainly have a missing link!

When I purchased my laptop earllier this year I asked a local computer person about Wifi and a problem that I resolved myself in the end. He put Chrome on for me as it was the in thing. When I got home I had a home page just full of icons and adverts. A little like Windows 8 I uninstalled it. My home page now looks like yours which is just what I expected and I am going to use Windows Live as well.
            Your illustrations are most excellent and thank you so much.
            Last edited by Margaret N; 27-11-12, 22:44.
            Margaret N

Comment

Working...
            X