Help with Mobile phone please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Mobile phone please

I've had a Galaxy Ace for some months, but being a complete technophobe I had to get my b-i-l to get it set up for me :( (There were very basic instructions with it which might as well have been in Greek!

It's got a great Camera, which I've used a lot and now I'd like to transfer them to my Picture Folder on my laptop - but although I've searched Google I cannot find out how to do this - b-i-l lives some distance away.

Its a GT S5830 - and I can find lots of them for sale and downloadable Manuals, which don't seem to be much help - so, as many of you all seem to nip out and take piccies and put them on here I thought this is probably the best place to ask.

Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Dorothy.it is so easy. Just Bluetooth the photos to your laptop x

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H7oa7BK2es bluetooth technology explained on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by David B View Post
        Dorothy.it is so easy. Just Bluetooth the photos to your laptop x
        Oh haha!
        Dorothy G

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H7oa7BK2es bluetooth technology explained on youtube
          Thanks Edna, but I'm afraid I'm none the wiser :(
          What I need I think are step-by-step instructions.
          Last edited by Dubonnet lady; 17-11-12, 20:10.
          Dorothy G

Comment

Mine connects to the computer with a lead, it displays the phone pics on the computer screen, and you just drag them from the phone 'box' to the computer file.

What leads do you have?
            Jess

Comment

Jess - thanks for coming in.

I have USB lead, which I've connected to the PC - and it downloaded the connection between the two off them.

But I don't know what to do next
              Dorothy G

Comment

Im like you but Id have a fiddle. Can you open" pictures" on your computer?

Or go to "computer" on your pc and click to open it. It should show you the phone (as something like "device with removal storage") plugged in and you should be able to open the pics on the phone by clicking on there?
                Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 18-11-12, 14:34.

Comment

Thanks Heather - I have been trying - so I'll investigate your suggestion later.
                  Dorothy G

Comment

Well, all that comes up on Computer is Removable Disk
                    Dorothy G

Comment

Dorothy why dont you have this moved to Computer Help and someone with good skills may see it there and talk you through it in easy terms

Edna

Comment

That's a good thought Edna. Thankyou

Mods - could you kindly do that please?
                        Last edited by Dubonnet lady; 18-11-12, 20:04.
                        Dorothy G

Comment

I, too, have a Galaxy Ace, and I transfer photos to my laptop via Bluetooth. It is a bit of a long sequence, but this works for me:

First step is to turn on Bluetooth on your laptop.
                          With my Lenovo T410, I go to 'Manage Wireless Radio' then select 'Bluetooth Radio' On.

Second step is to turn on Bluetooth on your phone:
                          Select 'Settings', then 'Wireless and networks', then 'Bluetooth settings', then Bluetooth. The menu should show a green tick against Bluetooth.

The third step is to send the photo from the phone to the laptop:
                          Select 'Gallery', then select photo to send, then 'Menu', then 'Share', then 'Bluetooth', then, when the phone has scanned for Bluetooth networks and found your laptop, select to 'pair with laptop'.

Finally I get a request on my laptop, advising me that a photo has been sent, and asking me to accept or reject the delivery. After clicking 'Accept', the photo is stored to the Pictures folder on the laptop.

The messages on your laptop may be different, but following a similar process.
                          If you use a USB cable, rather than Bluetooth, the sequence may be simpler. I haven't tried this.

I hope this helps.
                          Yorkshire names: Brown, Weighell, Hudson, Hartley, Womersley, Laycock, Maude, Atkinson, Whittaker, Hammond, Hutton, Brook, Murgatroyd, Wright, Topham
                          Warwickshire name: Hart
                          German names: Peltz, Eichborn

Comment

I 'borrowed' the USB cable from my daughter's Nook and tried copying photos using the cable:

When I connected the cable between the phone and the laptop, the laptop showed the message 'Installing device driver software'
                            Showing the Driver Software Installation details, the laptop gave the message 'Installing device driver software' with a list of five software drivers. The first (SAMSUNG Android USB Composite Device) installed quite quickly, but the others seemed to be taking some time so I left them to it.

On the phone, I pulled down the toolbar from the top of the screen and selected the message 'USB Connected - select to copy files to/from your computer'.
                            I then selected 'Connect storage to PC' and clicked 'OK' when I had a message warning that some features would be disabled.

On the laptop, I opened Windows Explorer and under 'Computer' I selected the 'Removable Disk' folder, then 'DCIM', then 'Camera'.
                            The jpg files were listed and I could drag them to the Pictures folder on my laptop.

(When the Driver Software Installation window reappeared, showing that all five software drivers were installed, I simply closed this window).
                            Yorkshire names: Brown, Weighell, Hudson, Hartley, Womersley, Laycock, Maude, Atkinson, Whittaker, Hammond, Hutton, Brook, Murgatroyd, Wright, Topham
                            Warwickshire name: Hart
                            German names: Peltz, Eichborn

Comment

Originally posted by Dubonnet lady View Post
                              Well, all that comes up on Computer is Removable Disk
                              if you click on this there might be an 'explore' or Preview button, the removable disk bit is normal as it is removable from your computer.
                              Julie
                              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                if you click on this there might be an 'explore' or Preview button, the removable disk bit is normal as it is removable from your computer.
                                Thank you Julie and Chris.

Chris that all sounds far too technical for me - so I'll try Julie's method first, and then move on to yours if that doesn't work :D I do appreciate all the help you've shown.

Mods - thank you for moving this for me.
                                Dorothy G

Comment

s'ok Dorothy :smilee:

when I am d'loding from my phone, I use the USB cable too, but I have a free program on my puter that stores all of my pictures in folders etc.. all I do is connect my phone to the puter and open up my program called 'Picasa3' then goto the import tab and select where I'm getting my pictures from, ( I can select my camera/scanner or my iphone) I click on that and then it shows me my pictures on that device, I can then select which ones (or all) to import to my puter.
                                  Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie - a friend spoke of Picassa when saying where their photos are stored... so I'll have a go at that idea in the morning. Thank you again
                                    Dorothy G

Comment

Originally posted by Dubonnet lady View Post
                                      Thanks Julie - a friend spoke of Picassa when saying where their photos are stored... so I'll have a go at that idea in the morning. Thank you again
                                      it does help, I don't have to worry about where on my puter my pictures are, I just open up picasa and they are there. though once you do d'lode and install it, it will scan your computer for all the pictures on it, and then prepare and arrange the pics into folders, it does take a little while, but, once this is done that's it, it doesn't need to do this part again.

here you go Dorothy, it shows you here what its like :smilee: click on link below

Learn more about where you can find your photos.
                                      Julie

Comment

Working...
                                      X