Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you believe TWO pc problems

Good morning ...3 grandchildren here yesterday ...and this morning

1st problem ..my wifes laptop ...the wireless is switched off on her laptop , so I have connected using the ethernet cable ...the wireless button shows a little orange light on it - denoting off - so ...when I press it NOTHING HAPPENS ..I think from memory it`s supposed to show white ....do I have to press another button as well ?...don`t want to try any button just in case I make it worse

2nd problem ...grandaughters Notebook ...it is saying "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in boot media device and press a key " I presume this is for a cd rom ?...if so - it has no device as it is only a small 10 inch notebook...so ...how do I Reboot ???

thanks in advance ...BTW
    wifes laptop is a Compaq CQ57
    grandaughters Notebook is a Compaq Mini

thanks
    allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Ok, now to the task. Take a look at your F12 button on your keyboard. It has at network icon. If the F12 key is lighted to amber (orange) it means your card is turned off. Press it for about 3 seconds to turn it on (white color). If it turns white, then your issue is solved, and all you have to do is select a network from your network icon (growing bars) in your windows task bar.

this sems to be the solution for the compaqcq57

Comment

daughters problem
      My Compaq mini 110 wont boot up it continuously says "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" i have no clue how to fix it plz help - Compaq Mini 110

Comment

Thanks Val...I went to System Restore from 19th august and then when I presses the wireless F12 button...bingo...so - wireless is back on
        Grandaughters laptop ....through that link - nothing ....still says same ...looks like a visit to the PC shop...
        thanks again
        allan
        Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
        oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
        adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
        merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
        coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
        X