Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need urgent help have picked up Live security platinum ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help have picked up Live security platinum ?

cant do anything on this pc except in safe mode
    did google on laptop but so much confusing info

HELP

see post 4

Will see if I can find anything else.
    Elaine

Comment

I think the first thing to try is something like Malawarebytes and a full scan with whichever AV you use.
      Elaine

Comment

When my OH got this a couple of weeks ago this is what he did. Turn the computer off. Restart it and continually tried to start his Antivirus scanning as the computer was starting. McAfee did start and scannned. Then he managed to get Malwarebytes to scan too and that seems to have got rid of the b****er.

The trouble with this invader is that it perports to be stopping all access to your other programs, although I think this is a trick. Forcing McAfee and then Malwarebytes to start on starting the computer did do the job for OH, thank goodness.

Anne

Comment

thanks
          Anne have just scanned with Superantispyware, am going to try malware bites too , do you know how it got into my pc ??? I thought windows essentials which is what I use was good ?

Thanks Elaine will look at that link
          Last edited by Guest; 15-08-12, 19:53.

Comment

Trevor (on another thread) said it was a "drive by". I was thinking my OH had clicked on something dodgy but apparently it can be caught from even websites you may often visit.

Hope you manage to get rid of it. We also found the information found by Googling very confusing and frightening. In the end (fingers crossed) it was quite simple to deal with.

Have a look at the thread where Trevor gave advice. Post 5 and 5 on the one Elaine gave the link for.

Anne
            Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 15-08-12, 19:57.

Comment

Hi Val
              See my post (post 5) in the link that Elaine gave you to understand how you got infected and why your anti-virus application did not protect you

Trev

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks all for your help have purchased that malwarebytes and am scanning now

Comment

phew think its gone thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Hi Val

For future reference, the paid Malwarebytes gives you a lifetime license. I installed it on my old laptop when I had a problem. I recently got a new laptop and transferred it on to it. Keep hold of the email with the ID/Key - you have to remove Malwarebytes from the old computer and then you can install it on the new one without paying for it again.
                    Jackie

Comment

oh really Jackie ? thought it was for a year? where have you been lately ,did you enjoy the games ?

Comment

Its a one-off fee.

Loved the Games thanks. Have just sent you a PM
                        Jackie

Comment

so can I use it on more than one pc at a time ??

off to bed now night

Comment

No I don't think so but it doesn't seem expensive when you know you don't have to renew it
                            Jackie

Comment

its really cheap then I wonder how many people dont know its not just for a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                                When my OH got this a couple of weeks ago this is what he did. Turn the computer off. Restart it and continually tried to start his Antivirus scanning as the computer was starting. McAfee did start and scannned. Then he managed to get Malwarebytes to scan too and that seems to have got rid of the b****er.

The trouble with this invader is that it perports to be stopping all access to your other programs, although I think this is a trick. Forcing McAfee and then Malwarebytes to start on starting the computer did do the job for OH, thank goodness.

Anne
                                Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                its really cheap then I wonder how many people dont know its not just for a year?
                                I have AVG free and have never to date had any cause to buy anything extra - no need for malware program as it covers all that.
                                Margaret

Comment

I am a lecturer in Internet security and beg to differ on your last statement
                                  You have been lucky that's all.

Researching:
                                  FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                                  X