Talktalk home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talktalk home page

Can some kind member please tell me why I am unable to close my TT home page. I seem to get a different message each day and the yellow triangle saying error.
    Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)
    Timestamp: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 21:25:53 UTC
    Line: 1
    Char: 7
    Code: 0
    URI: http://tags.qservz.com/admeld_sync?a...meld.com/match

Message: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a03e8.
    Line: 11
    Char: 1
    URI: http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/com...9320442536200?
    # # # # # # # # #

Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618)
    Timestamp: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 22:18:46 UTC
    Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
    Line: 0
    Char: 0
    URI: http://www.talktalk.co.uk/?refresh=true
    Nothing has changed on my PC - I have not downloaded anything and find this a complete puzzle.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

It's nothing that you have done your end or on your PC
    It is a code error in their site itself.
    All the jargon you have seen referes to commands on how the web page is produced on your browser application and it looks like one of their embedded advertisments is the main problem.
    It looks like it keeps looping back on the command and trying to refresh itself.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Trevor,

Thank you so much for your reply as it has saved me a trip to the tip. I emailed TT but have never had a reply. I am considering (with care) uninstalling TT and reinstalling it. Will give that some serious thought.

Again many thanks and hope you enjoy our summer now that it has arrived for a day or so.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

It has nothing to do with anything installed your end
        It is an error in the code of their page that is held on their server, so uninstall/instal is a waste of your time.

I have been in South Africa for the last 18 days and just come back to this rain
        Not to worry though, as I'm stuck in an office all day from now on

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
        X