Verified by Visa Scam - Wrong Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verified by Visa Scam - Wrong Password

Think I have just had my first scam e-mail. Purported to come from VBV/MSC (secure@secure.co.uk).

It had the two logos Verified by VISA and MasterCard SecureCode. It told me:

Wrong Password

Our records show that someone tried to enter your Verified by Visa/Mastercard password three times in a row. This password protects you from unauthorized online use of your credit card. For your safety please change your password now.

There was then a link to Change password!

I ignored the e-mail.

Just thought I would give a heads up to members of the forum to watch out for this one.

Further information shows that this is indeed a scam from people trying to get your bank details and passwords. They will then empty your account.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

The best thing to do to stay up to date with all the latest scams and threats is to use the Sophos security page

On their facebook page, they post the lates information on identified threats and scams http://www.facebook.com/SophosSecurity

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
    X