how do i put in my pop3 incoming mail and outgoing mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i put in my pop3 incoming mail and outgoing mail

for microsoft outlook,i have windows xp,btinternet are my providers,but everytime i put them in it wont work,i cant receive any emails or send.can anyone exsplain simply for me please,bt should have sent me my welcome pack but it wont be here till tomorrow i have my old modom working,i can get on the net but not recieve mail or send...brenda xxx

Hi Brenda,

Maybe this site will help: BT Yahoo! Help

It has instructions for setting up BTinternet e-mail accounts in the different versions of Outlook as well as Outlook Express:

Outlook 2002 or 2003: BT Yahoo! Help
    Outlook 98 or 2000: BT Yahoo! Help
    Outlook Express: BT Yahoo! Help
    Last edited by Cloggie; 24-04-08, 10:01.
    Sarah

Comment

sarah many thanks done it at the library printed the instructions off there will try when i get home thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

i still cant do it.its driving me mad as i know i have a lot of emails brenda xxx

Comment

Brenda you should be able to access your bt mail from the bt home page, (Sign in to BT Yahoo! Online) on the right hand side of the page you should see a mail box

I set up another account last week so e-mail came directly into my outlook express account I followed the online information and it was really easy.

I will have a look and see if I can find the link I used

Try this

BT Yahoo! Help
          Last edited by mariejader; 24-04-08, 16:03.

Comment

Brenda, Type outlook express 'set up' into your google search bar and you will get an illustration. I now have Windows Mail (that is with Vista). As far as I can remember for XP you go to Start, Control Panel, Open Outlook Express Folder, Select Mail Tab and remove any writing in the boxes both the POP and SMPT lines are the same wording and type in ' mail.btinternet.com click ADD then Close. You will now get a screen to put your full user name which will be (brenda@btinternet.com) etc type a password twice, check box to remember the p/w if you wish. Sorry I cannot remember it all but it should follow through. You may be able to do this from your home page using Tools tab. I stand to be corrected on this as it is a long time since I used this set up.
            Margaret N
            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

you know bt have put me as bender in my email can i get them to change it to brenda,its speaking to people who are not english,im not predudice but whenever you phone anyone for help with due respect i cant understand what there saying,likewise they got my name wrong.its messed my email address up.
              im now getting my outlook mail but i have lost the last 4 weeks is there any where i can get them back this is because of tiscali grrrrrr brenda xxxwhen i recieve mail it goes into my delete box why?
              Last edited by Guest; 25-04-08, 17:39.

Comment

Brenda, Like you I had a problem with a company a few months ago and I just could not understand them and likewise I felt sorry for them as they were in the same position. I made a gentle enquiry and asked if they still had an office in the UK and by luck they put me through. Further more it was only about 15 miles away from where I live. Try that but also send technical support@bt....an email.
                Are you certain that you cannot change your name yourself.
                While I know little about BT I would have thought that you could call yourself Joe Bloggs@bt. Let me know how this cropped up and I may be able to help you sort it.

Outlook express is not exactly anything to do with BT you could use say Google Mail with your BT account so tell me why you think BT have caused this problem.
                Last edited by Margaret N; 25-04-08, 22:12.
                Margaret N
                DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

thankyou,im not on exspress im on microsoft outlook,i have got it but it keeps sending my mail into the delete box for some reason.i heard of bt and i have a free number but when you ring it pressing all the buttoms before you get one if at all the right one.

when i phoned to be put on bt i was asked all my details,when the letter came with my email on it had put bender and not brenda,i can change the password but not sure if you can the email as its sensative.brenda xxx

Comment

We are on BT internet too.

I don't think you can change your primary email address, but you can always open another one in the proper name.

Go into "my account" on the BT homepage and scroll down and click on sub account.

My OH has the primary account but me and my daughter have our own email addys as sub accounts.

Comment

Mmm, I think if you contacted the press or local tv news to tell them that BT had forced you to have an email address with "Bender" in it, BT will very quickly find a way of changing it! Perhaps if you tell BT that you are planning to do just that unless they change it they will sharpen their ideas up.
                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thankyou i have been given a number to phone so i will do it in the morning,im so cross as i hope it wont mess things up,why whenever you phone for anything it always after pressing numbers for 10 mins then get someone you cant understand,i have complained that it tokk 12 days for bt to connect as they didnt send what i needed,so there letting me have one free month,i hope when i phone tomorrow i get someone i can understand.thankyou everyone for your help will let you know what happens brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                        X