Firefox and Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox and Google

Why does Firefox crash every time I use Google search?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Don't know Elizabeth, mine doesn't.

Sorry I can't help.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Which version of Firefox are you using Elizabeth.
      Elaine

Comment

I'm not sure! :o
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Look in Help - About Firefox to get the version number.

Comment

Click on HELP -> ABOUT FIREFOX
            The most recent version is 7.0.1
            If you are using an older version it might be a good idea to update.
            Have you got many ADDONs (TOOLS -> ADDONS) - if you have maybe disable them temporarily to see whether you still get the same crashing problem.
            Elaine

Comment

It's always doing updates!
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

Elizabeth - mine has been crashing a lot this week too!
                Just Mandy

"They certainly broke the mould when they made me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post

It's always doing updates!
                  What is always doing updates? Do you mean Windows updates rather than Firefox updates?
                  Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Just Mandy View Post
                    Elizabeth - mine has been crashing a lot this week too!
                    .. and which version are you using Mandy!
                    Having just checked our system it appears that you also need to update Firefox! ;)
                    Elaine

Comment

I'm afraid I'm an ignoramus when it comes to this, Elaine.

It says there are no updates available, and Firefox will periodically check for them. Under Help.
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

Mine says exactly the same....even when I click on check for updates...
                        Just Mandy

Comment

Originally posted by Just Mandy View Post
                          Mine says exactly the same....even when I click on check for updates...
                          I'm glad it's not just me!
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:

Comment

You can download the latest version from this link Elizabeth ... and Mandy ;)
                            Elaine

Comment

I did the download but when I click on Help it still shows the old version!
                              It said download complete.
                              Elizabeth
                              Research Interests:

Comment

You need to install it Elizabeth.
                                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Will try it!
                                  You might have to restart to allow the changes to take effect!
                                  Just Mandy

Comment

It sounds as if you have downloaded it but not installed it ??

Can you see the new download file either on your desktop or in your download folder - if so double click on it to start the installation.
                                    Elaine

Comment

Why don't they tell you what to do next, then!
                                      Elizabeth
                                      Research Interests:

Comment

Mine's done - thanks Elaine Will see how it goes!
                                        Just Mandy

Comment

Working...
                                        X