Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 laptops, windows 7 on 1 and vista on other. will wireless printer sevice both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 laptops, windows 7 on 1 and vista on other. will wireless printer sevice both?

would anyone be able to solve this ..
    .Have been looking online at the epsom all in one wireless printer ( unless anyone can recomend another) ,
    Can't find out if i will be able to use both on it.
    Edi.

We use a wireless printer to my laptop, the PC and the iMac with no problems - We were using an Epson but kept finding it losing its settings all the time, so gave that one away and now use an HP one which is great.

The Epson cartridges may have been cheaper but we were having to buy them more often as it is used a lot for photo printing - the HP is cheaper inkwise, so long as we get the cartridges online!!
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks for this info Caroline will have a look at the HP's.
      We have a lexmark 1150 works ok with the vista but cannot find any drivers for the windows 7 set up. Even windows problem solving page says it only works sometimes.
      So we thought we'd treat ourselves to a wireless one. Will have a look at whats available in the HP range.
      Thanks again. Edi.

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
      We use a wireless printer to my laptop, the PC and the iMac with no problems - We were using an Epson but kept finding it losing its settings all the time, so gave that one away and now use an HP one which is great.

The Epson cartridges may have been cheaper but we were having to buy them more often as it is used a lot for photo printing - the HP is cheaper inkwise, so long as we get the cartridges online!!

Comment

Have just got a HP wireless one was amazed at how easy the set up was, one of comps using it has a dodgy dvd player so brought down drivers and it still connected no problems using Vista and XP and as far as can see see would support 7 as well.
        Its first HP have used but so far seems ok, there are a fair few about at mo at very good price

Comment

I should have said that the laptop is Windows 7, the PC is Vista and the HP all-in-one is the Photosmart Premium.

The other gripe I had with the Epson was that it was exceedingly noisy!!
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg13 View Post
            Have just got a HP wireless one was amazed at how easy the set up was, one of comps using it has a dodgy dvd player so brought down drivers and it still connected no problems using Vista and XP and as far as can see see would support 7 as well.
            Its first HP have used but so far seems ok, there are a fair few about at mo at very good price
            Thanks for this Mikeg13 .
            just been reading a review on the epsom 5400,
            the chap says it's like most of this type of printers, if they're not used at least once a day the ink wells can dry up causing a blockage, he had to strip his down and clean out the wells, this sorted the prob, he contacted epsom but they won't admit it's a fault. his words but may help others who have had this happen. Edi.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
              I should have said that the laptop is Windows 7, the PC is Vista and the HP all-in-one is the Photosmart Premium.

Thats good to know. thanks,

The other gripe I had with the Epson was that it was exceedingly noisy!!
              Yes , had read this on revew and was putting me off it.
              Last edited by Englishedith; 20-09-11, 12:49.

Comment

Working...
              X