Its getting worse :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its getting worse :(

Gawd knows whats happening with my puter now. It is freezing a lot and weird things - like on here, I sometimes press to submit and the page disappears.

I have the OS disk and I wondered if I should use that and from memory, you can repair the OS?

Dave says you can do this, but not advisable if you don't know what you are doing! So easy to select the wrong options and mess it up completely!
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

have you maybe tried running Ccleaner ? and scan the registry for faults?

Comment

Ive tried everything Val. Ive done system restore, taken off some programs that were recently added from MS updates and so on and still its just hanging when I try to use FF its worse, it just wont come up at all now. Ive just CCleaner, Reg cleaner, - it says hudnreds of faults but when you look its mostly empty files or something but I have deleted all the ones they say are faulty - taken off a lot of start up items, emptied temporary files, done everything I can think of. Its very odd. As I said on here, I can go to submit and the whole page disappears and whips me back to desk top or to a previous site.

I think I better use my back up hard drive before I try anything more - as Dave says, I am probably making it worse for all I know.

Comment

has this happened since you used that Revo site ??? maybe you uninstalled something you shouldn't have? or didn't uninstall enough

is it the same with every browser?

Comment

Fingers crossed Val it may be sorted now. I went on the kaspersky forum and they told me to do some sort of automatic logging of my puter innards and submit it to them. Then this morning after reading it they told me to get rid of spybot, disable windows defender, get rid of malwarebytes, superantispywre and rapport. Then I had to keep rebooting after each step, uninstall kaspersky and reinstall after a reboot, then do a database update, reboot and NOW I seem to be back to normal, please gawd. Seems like some of those programs conflict with Kaspersky KIS2012

Comment

I turned off windows defender when I installed Kaspersky thought you had to ? I only have Kasperky installed nothing else as it seems to cover everything anyway.
              Good your sorted.

Comment

I didnt know Val :( Ive just unticked it in the start up thing msconfig - thats right isnt it?

Oh its lovely when the damn thing is actually working quickly again. You know, it makes you wonder how many poor souls pay out for a technician to come round and sort it out. I was on the point of doing that myself when I thought Id just see if it was the antivirus causing it.

Comment

I actually paid somebody to sort out a Laptop and might as well not bothered he took some memory off saying it would be okay now ?? but why would I want less memory?
                  I always try to do it myself now .

Comment

Working...
                  X