Firefox - nervous breakdown time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox - nervous breakdown time

I was asked to install the new FF program, did that and since then I have unresponsive pages, lagging, hanging, freezing, not starting up, not closing down - I could scream and scream and scream.

Ive tried to uninstall firefox but its not having it. Ive done the usual programs/uninstall and it just wont go. Ive tried a system restore. Ive tried downloading an older version. HELP.

Just to let you know - found a forum which suggested using Revo Uninstaller Pro (a freebie). Thank gawd its got rid of FF - now to see if the whole system is better :(

Comment

Trevor recommended that to me a while ago when my updates wouldnt install its a really good programme

Comment

Well, everything seems to be running smoother now Val and Im using IE9 instead of FF. But I dont know IE9 and I cant see where you have the tools across the top and a drop down thing for all your often used sites? Im tempted to put an earlier version of FF back on because I know the lay out so well.

Comment

You can get an older version of FF here....

Faster page loading, less memory usage and packed with features, the new Firefox is here.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
            Well, everything seems to be running smoother now Val and Im using IE9 instead of FF. But I dont know IE9 and I cant see where you have the tools across the top and a drop down thing for all your often used sites? Im tempted to put an earlier version of FF back on because I know the lay out so well.
            Tutorials:

Videos:
            Support for Internet Explorer 11 has ended on June 15, 2022. Make the switch to Microsoft Edge to experience the web in a whole new way.

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

When i'm on a site now and hover my mouse over stuff, i just get a tiny square box under the cursor - why isnt it giving me the address or anything?

I also noticed my address bar had gone missing but i managed to get this back.....Lol
              Jacky

Comment

Tilly - have you updated Firefox recently.
                According to our system you are shown as using Firefox 3.6.21
                The most up to date version is 6.0.1
                Elaine

Comment

Yes, thats whats showing on the "about mozilla firefox"........will try to update now - Thanks Elaine
                  Jacky

Comment

Thanks so much Elaine, although i have restarted with the newer version, it's still showing as the 3.6.21....but the cursor is now showing the addresses.
                    Jacky

Comment

It's now showing 6.0.1, but i have lost my google and yahoo toolbars, how do i get them back please? i have downloaded the google one but it went to the IE......nothing is showing that i need when i look in the "customize!
                      Jacky

Comment

Thanks Val, i have tried some of the things they have suggested and one of them i was scared to try......

I think i need to go back to an earlier version.
                        Jacky

Comment

Just seen this on "Google Toolbar Help"...................

Toolbar not available for Firefox 5 or newer versions

Google Toolbar for Firefox is compatible with Firefox version 4 or older. To find out what version of Firefox you're using, click the Help menu and select "About Firefox" (on the Mac, the option is located in the "Firefox" menu).
                          If you use Firefox version 5 or newer, you won't be able to use Google Toolbar.
                          Jacky

Comment

I only use Firefox occassionally Tilly, I use google for FMP and IE for this and Ancestry,

Comment

I've just done a system restore and the toolbars are still the same....i'm fed up now....Lol, i'll have another go tomorrow.

(edit) I've just downloaded the one Wendy mentioned on post 5 - all back to normal now - Thank God !

Thanks Val !
                              Last edited by Tilly Mint; 03-09-11, 21:38.
                              Jacky

Comment

thank goodness for that Tilly

Comment

Oh dear, sorry to have caused you problems Tilly.
                                  I have to say I never have any trouble whatsoever with FF - but that really doesn't help, does it! :D
                                  Elaine

Comment

No, dont be sorry Elaine !, your were kind to help me out - it's my silly old computers fault.....Lol
                                    Jacky

Comment

Working...
                                    X