No announcement yet.

Family Tree Maker 2006 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not working here for me. Will try it with a different email address!
    Elaine

Comment

Sorted!
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Raven View Post
        got one email to say I had to click on a link to confirm my subscription and as soon as I'd done that got another email to say my subscription was complete ... all with in about 2 mins
        Me too.
        Thank you for signing up to our FTM list. We will send out an email about the next version of Family Tree Maker as soon as we have more information.

If you have any problems you may contact us by replying to this email.

You may also contact us by telephone on 01709 586758

Comment

I suppose I am nothing but a grumpy old guy but stopped getting FTM at 2006 çause I realised they were bringing out updates yearly which
          clearly are nothing more than attempt to extract more of our hard earned. I still have it loaded on an old XP computer but normally use Legacy
          which does all I want out of a gen programme. Am I being harsh or do they have a case to answer?
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

You are being harsh! :D
            They might bring an update out on an annual basis but if you take the time to look around at what is on offer then you will find a good deal which includes a free Ancestry subscription.
            For anyone wanting to update to FTM 2011 now, Amazon has the 2011 version for £29.99 which includes a free 6 month Ancestry sub worth over £50. Many people are buying the updates purely because they want the Ancestry sub, but it is a good way of keeping the software up to date at the same time.
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              FTM 2012 is due out at the end of this month. No idea yet how much it will be or whether there is an Ancestry subscription attached to it - but might be worth waiting.
              Ha! THAT explains why Computer Active magazine are offering FTM 2011 for £20, including 3 months Ancestry sub! This was why I was going to treat myself but not sure now.
              ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
              Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

You are better off going to Amazon and getting FTM2011 for £29.99 with a 6 month Ancestry sub (premium package)
                Elaine

Comment

Ooh, that's naughty - just checked Amazon and they have put the price up to £35.99

- but even at that price it is still worth it because the free 6 month sub is worth £50+

It was definitely £29.99 two days ago because I sent the link to a friend.
                  Elaine

Comment

Working...
                  X