No announcement yet.

Downloading books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well you got nowt to lose, and you have the added bonus that if you dont like it/cant get on with it then you can just not use it/delete it.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Just been reading up about the Kindle and bit disappointed to see that I would need to get books via the Amazon.com site rather than the UK one (because I live outside the UK). Apart from the prices being higher it appears that the selection of books differ.
      Elaine

Comment

oh right, thats abit pants then! isnt there a way to work around it? esp if you are coming to uk next yr?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I don't have a Kindle but I have had 2 tablet pc's running Android. One was a cheaper tablet with a resistive screen, you need to use a stylus, and my present one is an Archos capacitive, where you touch the screen with a finger and is more responsive. I can download book readers onto them and also have joined the local library and I can download books directly onto the tablet with the Overdrive software and keep 5 of them for 3 weeks. I'm not sure but I think you can read the Kindle in daylight which isn't really possible with the tablet. Apart from books though I can put access the internet, read documents, view videos, music, photos, etc. on the tablet which is more of a media player. With any of these things I would recommend buying insurance to cover spillage or screen cracking as I broke my first tablet by dropping it and it is useless when that happens, a hard lesson to learn. I got a good 3 year insurance from Amazon which works out at about £10 per annum. They are quite delicate and need a case for protection, I would definitely pay more and get a capacitive screen if possible. The battery life is pretty good on my Archos, the only drawback for me is having to type on the screen when I am used to touch typing on a keyboard. I have found a lot of old books on Google Books, etc. that have given me information about my family history in the 1800's that I would never have found otherwise. If you are heavy handed though I would get a netbook and dowload books onto that. Pairing up Adobe Digital between a pc and netbook or tablet so you can read their books is another matter and I can help with that if anyone is having trouble.

I hope this all makes sense.

Jan
          Last edited by Guest; 14-09-11, 19:11.

Comment

Working...
          X