Security Analysis??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Analysis??

I've just been googling and the page was taken over by a security analysis - Mozilla Firefox, its saying i have 5 viruses in my shared documents and 5 in the (C) hard drive...i've done the avast antivirus and its saying - No Virus. I have downloaded the packupdate 107 but, it says this may have a virus.....HELP - what should i do please!
    Jacky

The Security Analysis pop up could be a virus in itself!
    Have a look at this link - http://www.precisesecurity.com/hijac...reat-analysis/
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine,

I've ran malwarebytes and avast - both say no virus, i also have my windows firewall on.....is there anything else i should be doing please?
      Jacky

Comment

Tilly, don't download anything it asks you to !........as Elaine says it could be a virus itself. Your anti-virus software would have advised you if there was a threat and would have put these 'threats' in a 'vault' to be dealt with !! My AVG package always tells me of a threat and I am able to check what virus it is and what has been done with it.

What is the packupdate 107 and who is it from ?

Comment

Originally posted by Inahaystack View Post
          It's a virus. Tilly, if you haven't opened it, delete it immediately and empty your trash can.
          Last edited by lorry53; 09-10-10, 18:49.
          Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Tilly, don't download anything it asks you to !........as Elaine says it could be a virus itself. Your anti-virus software would have advised you if there was a threat and would have put these 'threats' in a 'vault' to be dealt with !! My AVG package always tells me of a threat and I am able to check what virus it is and what has been done with it.

The packupdate 107 is what it wanted me to download - i did press the button to download but when another box came up saying the packupdate 107 may carry a virus, i didn't go any further and deleted it from my downloads.......does this mean i stopped it from getting on to my computer?

I have ran all the checks i can think of and, they didn't find anything - hopefully, i stopped it by not opening the download button.
            Jacky

Comment

Thanks for looking in - i've just emptied my recycle bin......
              Jacky

Comment

I would run a scan just in case.
                Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Thanks, i have run malwarebytes and avast, just hope this is enough...i've only just brought my computer home from hospital ....Lol
                  Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Mint View Post
                    Thanks, i have run malwarebytes and avast, just hope this is enough...
                    Fingers x'd

Comment

Fingers x'd
                      I wonder how i will know if it got on my computer.....as you say - fingers x!
                      Jacky

Comment

If you've scanned and all is well, it should be OK. Just remember not to panic in future and believe everything you read on screen. LOL! Try Googling any messages you get before doing anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by lorry53 View Post
                          If you've scanned and all is well, it should be OK. Just remember not to panic in future and believe everything you read on screen. LOL! Try Googling any messages you get before doing anything else.
                          Yes, i did panic.....

I've just done a boot scan as well and, all was okay - thank God.....Lol

Thanks again everyone !!
                          Jacky

Comment

Yes it's a virus. Internet Search shows this on a French Website www.commentcamarche.net posted in May this year (2010). I don't think a translation is needed! [I hope it is acceptable to copy briefly from another forum, suitably acknowledged, in this way]

Bonjour,
                            j'ai une peur bleue,je viens d'avoir un message qui me dit que l'ordi est infecté,
                            j'ai une page firefox qui s'est ouverte "security threat analysis" où j'ai 9 alertes virus qui clignotent!

il me demande enregistrer le fichier packupdate build107 2061.exe
                            je dois le faire (question peut-être stupide mais c'est peut-être lui même un virus!)

merci d'avance!

j'ai Avira Antivir comme anti-virus et ZoneAlarm comme parefeu

** and a reply **

Salut,

C'est une fausse page de scan pour Security Engine qui est un faux antispyware (on appelle ça des Rogues/Scareware - voir : http://forum.malekal.com/est-que-les...ware-t589.html ).
                            La fausse page de scan affiche de fausse alerte pour te faire installer le faux antispyware qui va te trouver des infections imaginaires et te dire qu'il faut payer pour les supprimer.
                            C'est une arnaque.

N'ouvre pas ce packupdate build107 2061.exe

Ces fausses pages de scan reviennent souvent ou tu l'as juste eu une fois ?

** my French isn't brilliant, but it can cope with this!

Comment

Working...
                            X