Mouse problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse problems

Last week my mouse sudfdenly packed up, wouldn't scroll up and down. Cleaned it but could see a big chunk of fluff inside which I couldn't get at, so went and bought another mouse.

Fine for a day or so. Now, once again, the scroll wheel is unresponsive, working sometimes, not working at all other times and occasionally "drops" the page as I scroll up or down.

Is it the mouse, or is it my computer? If it's the mouse, do I just go and get another one or what?

Thanks in advance.

OC

if its a plug in one have you tried a different USB Port first ?

Comment

found this OC
      Did you try uninstalling the mouse within device manager and then re-booting without any mouse? If not try that, then shut down (once again) and plug in the mouse before you re-start the computer. XP should build new drivers for the mouse if there was issues with it.

Comment

Val

Oooh, dear, no. When the other one packed up I couldn't get out of my computer, so I unplugged it, then unplugged the old mouse, then plugged in the new one. It is a PS2 connection, not a USB port.

It's weird, it is fine for a few minutes then plays up, MOSTLY on this site, I have to say.

Do you think I should have uninstalled the old mouse then?

OC

Comment

sorry OC not used one of those for ages I wouldnt have thought you should have had to uninstall the first one ? but cannot really remember , you could try that above which I found by googling.
          Do yourself a favour and get a wireless Mouse they are fantastic, ask for one for xmas.

Comment

If you have keyboard issues with wireless or Bluetooth, try these troubleshooting tips.

tells you here how to check your device?

Comment

Working...
            X