Googlechrome Adblock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googlechrome Adblock

am having trouble with Ancestry and Google, I dont want to use a different browser as my Downloads disappear ??? so this is the answer I got today but I dont understand it
    HELP

While our engineers are working on this issue at the moment there are a couple of possible short-term fixes you could try.
    You could try to refresh a couple of times to get access or if you have Ad-blocker on Google chrome you could try turning it on by using the following link:

By Refresh, they probably mean reloading the page (to see if a second or third attempt is successful when the first failed). I do not use Chrome, but on other browsers there is a button in the toolbar which looks like a blue 3/4 circle with an arrow head on one end which does this. Alternatively, in the menu options for Firefox it is a suboption in the View menu so Chrome may be similar.

Adblocker is no doubt an add-on which you may have downloaded and it seems that they are suggesting you activate it. I don't know how you would do this in Chrome, but look through the menus for Ad-block or failing that Add-ons and see what it offers. Ad-block is intended to stop those (to me) annoying adverts which appear on many websites from you and there will be various options available on what it lets through or not. You should be able to allow ads on the Ancestry site without allowing others by looking at its options.

It sounds like Google have a problem with the way it works with the Ancestry site, in which case it it their problem not yours and you may find it just goes away after a while.

Comment

Thanks Col I'm a bit nervous of changing things in Google ,so afraid of letting the wrong things in, will look and see what I can find

Comment

Val

Me too. Never make changes today which can safely be left til tomorrow!
        Or something like that.

The difficult bit is knowing that it is safe to leave it.

Comment

Hello Val and col,

One reason why I do not use Chrome is because I found it so complicated at times. Odds and ends that I could not access for no known reason. Meanwhile I felt as if Chrome were taking me over and that is how I decided to uninstall ~ otherwise it was OK.
          Margaret N
          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
          X